This page contains materials used for a tutorial on using CellBlender and MCell given at the at the 2015 q-bio summer school (Albuquerque) on July 15, 2015.
- Download Blender from here and follow the installation instructions.
- Download and follow the MCell installation instructions.
- Download CellBlender from here and following the instructions here. (Note: Don't download the version listed on the installation page.)
- Introduction to MCell. Focuses on specification of MCell models using an MDL input file.
- Introduction to MCell Methods.
- Freely diffusing molecule (zipped .blend file)
- Adding a mesh object and first order decay (zipped .blend file)
- Bimolecular reactions (zipped .blend file)
- Lotka-Volterra - reaction limited (zipped .blend file)
- Lotka-Volterra - diffusion limited (zipped .blend file)
- Reactions on surfaces
- MCell FAQ - Confused about units? The answer is here.
- MCell Documentation - Comprehensive documentation on MCell use and extensive video lectures and tutorials.
- Bartol et al. (2015) - Short article on MCell/CellBlender.
- Kerr et al. (2008) - Detailed description of simulation algorithms used in MCell3